Maintenance Tips for Cleaning Granite Countertops
Though granite countertops are one of the most popular natural stone surfaces, most property owners are ignorant about maintaining and cleaning granite countertops. They don’t realize that lack of proper countertop care can cause the surfaces to deteriorate prematurely.
Allow Take4Granite.com to help you protect your investment by guiding you about countertop care. Here are some tips for cleaning granite countertops that you should follow:
- The best practice for cleaning granite countertops is to wipe away spills immediately
- Remove any crumbs or debris before cleaning granite countertops thoroughly
- Use a clean, soft white cloth for cleaning granite countertops
- Warm water and a mild dish soap are best for cleaning granite countertops daily
- Mix baking soda, soap & water for cleaning granite countertops with oil-based stains
- Never use acidic things like vinegar, lemon or ammonia for cleaning granite countertops
- Finish cleaning granite countertops by drying and buffing them with a micro fibre cloth
Maintenance Tips for Cleaning Quartz Countertops
Quartz countertops are loved for their sophisticated appearance, excellent performance and durability. The easy practices for cleaning quartz countertops also add to its charm.
A little countertop care can make your quartz countertops go a long way. We offer some tips for cleaning quartz countertops that can help.
- Mild detergent and a soft rag are best for cleaning quartz countertops routinely
- Cleaning quartz countertops before the spills dry up prevents stains on them
- For stains, use a non-abrasive sponge for cleaning quartz countertops
- Use a silicone spatula for removing sticky substances and cleaning quartz countertops
- Use a good, reliable stone cleaning product for cleaning quartz countertops
- Using bleach or harsh chemicals for cleaning quartz countertops can damage the surface
- Avoid using any abrasive thing for cleaning quartz countertops
Proper Countertop Care to Maintain the Natural Stone Finish
Without proper countertop care, even the most expensive of natural stone surfaces lose their finish and appeal.
Cleaning granite countertops, cleaning quartz countertops or cleaning which ever kitchen/bathroom stone surface you have should become a part of your routine. Regular countertop care is crucial for your surfaces to:
- Retain their luster
- Maintain their performance and efficiency
- Enhance their longevity
Countertop care is easy when you know the do’s and don’ts of it. Follow the above-mentioned countertop care tips and keep enjoying your stone surfaces for a long time.
Cleaning granite countertops and cleaning quartz countertops regularly helps them last. Call Take4Granite.com at 253-639-1634 for further guidance on countertop care.